Hi guys,

Things are going to move real quick now and I'm not able to give 24 hours
notice anymore. Here's what happened.

I was planning on doing all the final little details on the server over
the weekend, give you guys the promised minimum 24 hours notice today and
put it in tomorrow (Tuesday).

Then I got food poisoning on Friday and I've been sick and in bed all
weekend. I'm still not feeling great today but I'm at least mobile again.
I did not touch the server over the weekend but I'm not going to delay
things more either.

This afternoon I'm going to drive into the city and swap it out, provided
I don't get sick again during the next few hours. Reason I'm doing it so
quickly today is that today is a very quiet day at work and tomorrow I
have too much on the go to be able to skip out for the afternoon.

This does mean the downtime is going to be an unknown factor. Mostly
because I don't know how much time I can spend on it later tonight due to
health

I'll prioritize getting services back online. Email will be #1, closely
followed by mailinglists. Then the rest will fall into place. It may take
as much as 48 hours to get everything back the way it should.

New server information:
Host: quantum.linuxfromscratch.org
IP:   216.171.237.234

I haven't setup the forward or reversed DNS entries for it yet. I'll
update the registrar tonight after I get home and the server is swapped
out. Seeing Belg is going to be offline anyways, that won't make much
difference to downtime. By the time the new DNS is propagated it should
coincide with all services running again.

Feel free to forward this message to other lists or individuals as needed.
I figure having sent it to lfs-dev and blfs-dev should reach all people
who should and wanted to know.

If all goes well, I'll arrive at the data centre around 3 PM MST.
Belgarath will go offline soon after that, I'll drop the new server in
place, make sure it's online, then do all the rest of the work from home
later that evening.

While the server is down, email will be stored at one of the backup MX
servers so nothing will get lost. Just delayed.

If you need to get in touch with me, you can reach me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Can all the guys in charge of LFS sub-projects please get back to me with
your non-LFS email addresses? Just in case my list isn't up to date
anymore, I'd like to be able to get in touch with you and update on
progress.

Talk to you guys soon.

Gerard