Well, that was probably five or six hours working on this problem.
If it takes you a long time to review my patches, then I think we're
even for at least one or two of them. :)

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:16:53AM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I still havn't fixed what I was looking for.  It's stalling at the
> session takeover timeout in ftpclass.cc around 1350.  priority ends up
> 0, and takeover_time==now, so it calls TimeoutS(1).  I'm probably doing
> something wrong wrt session passing/cloning: I'm still not sure when (and
> why) to pass a session to a member task, and when to Clone() it. (Jobs
> tend to want cloned sessions and Reuse them when they're done, and
> FtpFileInfo, FtpGlob, etc. appear to take a session directly and just Close
> it when they're done--I don't know the logic behind this.)

I've added Fg, Bg, Suspend and Resume overrides to FileCopyPeerCLS, like
those in MirrorJob, etc.  This sets the priority correctly, and
propagates suspends/resumes.  I don't quite understand how the priority
stuff works, and why I need to set it manually, but it works now.  I'll
include this in the next patch (which should be small--this fix and
those I mentioned previously.)

--
Glenn Maynard