On Jan 8, 2010, at 6:16 AM, Tim Nicholson wrote:

I am trying to write an interface in C so I can communicate with a PIC chip via USB using libhid, but I do not understand how to use the path information I am seeing to send and receive massages.

Your device's HID report descriptor does not specify any report IDs, so the paths don't matter.

However, there is a chance that the device is only expecting you to read and write to the interrupt endpoints (not the control endpoint). Is the source code for this device available online?