On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:17 AM, Xiaofan Chen wrote:

There is a recent report about endian problem for libusb-1.0, I am
not sure if it affects libusb-0.1 or not. But you may want to check
if that works for PPC. Take note libhid is based on libusb-0.1.
http://old.nabble.com/libusb-usbfs-endian-handling-td28141057.html

When libhid was first being written, my primary desktop machine had a PowerPC processor, so I doubt we have any endian-related bugs (unless they were introduced recently, and 0.2.15 is not recent).

The key is that the report descriptor is read properly. It is 200 bytes long, and we would have seen that number byte-swapped if that had been the problem.