Note, please subscribe to the list before posting:

On Feb 23, 2011, at 3:03 AM, Alberto Garau wrote:

Hello,

currently I'm working on the port of a stack of software including libhid and pithon-hid.
I have a little doubt.

 From my linux Fedora PC I can see:

/usr/lib/libhid.so

and then

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/libhid/_hid.so

The first one is the classical libhid installed through "yum install libhid" while the second one is a python wrapper to libhid.

My question is if libhid.so and _hid.so are the same thing or there is a difference.

I think you answered your question in the previous paragraph.

If there is a difference between them as I think, where can I find the source code for _hid.so ?

It is generated from swig/hid.i.

More info in the swig/README file.