On Jul 21, 2011, at 5:23 PM, Avishay Orpaz wrote:

Hi
I have a device that exposes two interfaces - one HID and one mass storage. I would like to know if there is a way to prevent the attachment of a HID driver in linux. Is it possible to do so while keeping the other interface ability to be attached to its standard driver?

You might get more details if you post on the Linux USB mailing list (and mention a specific kernel version), but I think the blacklists are per-interface.

If not, you can detach the kernel drivers after-the-fact. libhid has a tool called "libhid-detach-device" which could be expanded to look at interfaces other than 0. The core functionality is in hid_force_open(), which calls the libusb function usb_detach_kernel_driver_np().

--
Charles Lepple