Thanks, John.

On 2021-04-30 17:53, John Peterson wrote:
Yeah, I think you've pretty well shown that GetPot only supports ASCII
files.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something. I was not nit-picking.

I actually don't know how hard it would be to generalize it to use
wchar or something, but the next problem would be that libmesh itself uses only std::strings everywhere, so updating GetPot would likely only be the tip of the iceberg of changes that would be required to fully support UTF-8.

I think that these kind of things are cumbersome enough to avoid them.

I know that I send a ton of e-mails every week. Thank you for your patience. I promise that there will come a moment when my questions are more relevant. I am just getting used to libMesh.