Regarding 2): This refers to the norm of the "Riesz representor" of the
output, which is otherwise referred to as the dual of the output.

Regarding 1): You can implement whatever you need for your case, and you
can extend the code as needed... The main issue is to have a clear idea of
what you want to implement and then you should be able to do it either
using the already available code, or by extending the code in a simple way
(by sub-classing the relevant classes).

Best regards,
David