On 2021-08-23 13:02, John Peterson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 7:53 AM edgar <edgar...@cryptolab.net> wrote:

Hi Hubert!

Thanks. It seems that the option which you are sending is for the
overall libMesh compilation (correct me if I'm wrong). I am interested
in having my libMesh with the ability to process complex numbers, and
just compiling a specific program (not the whole libMesh) without
complex numbers. Do you know if there is a way for that? Thank you
again.

The decision to use complex numbers is a compile-time one. If your program links against a libmesh with complex numbers enabled, then the Number type
is #defined to be std::complex<double>. Furthermore certain libmesh
templates, in particular the NumericVector and SparseMatrix classes are
only instantiated for type Number, so these will all use
std::complex<double> internally in such builds.

Thank you very much, John. Indeed, my suspicion was in the right track (see previous e-mail where I answer to Hubert and Paul). If I may add to your comment in a joyous way: ...and if you try to modify the LIBMESH_USE_COMPLEX_NUMBERS=0, it will die a terrible death :P .