Hi *,

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [onegit]
>
> I have put what I have come-up with so far on our Wiki
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/One_Git_Conversion
> [...]
> Comments and suggestion are welcomed on the 'Discussion Page'
> associated in the Wiki.

Hope it is not off-topic here as well (if it is, please tell and I'll
just copy it to wiki discussion page)

/* artwok */ is meant to not being merged.

I think this is a bad choice, as you will always need it when
building, and for the same reasons it is discussed not to be worthy to
be merged, I'm all in favor of merging it:

* changes very infrequently (thus no significant increase in history
data, but even if it was: Does it matter whether you pull it into the
one or into the other repository? So I don't understand the "only
binaries" argument as supporting the idea to keeping it separate)

* (mostly only) designers work on it. They have no use for git, be it
a seperate repository or not. They don't need any history, the cannot
use diffs on binaries anyway. A static tarball containing the content
or just a webpage for browsing the icons is enough and better suited
to satisfy them.

ciao
Christian