On 09/07/2011 12:14 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 09:57:30AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

I assume the vtable "obviously" has to be exported.

No, need not be exported (if none of the ctors and dtors are inline).

Ah, I had not declared the copy constructor and assignment operator
well, which led to the vtable being necessary to export. That is fixed
now.

good

Revised patch attached; if it is good to go (especially with respect
to questions above), I'll commit (with a better commit message).

gcc3.map in the latest patch (sent this morning):

- Do not export the thunks (_ZThn), not needed externally.

Well, the build fails if they are not exported. So for now, I export
them. If the fact that they are needed comes from an error in the
class design, please let me know what to do to fix that.

Hm, had *thought* they were not really needed, and had run a small test case to verify, but it seems there are nevertheless cases where they *are* needed. If you have no inline functions left (neither implicit nor explicit ones, incl. default functions provided by the compiler), then poor class design cannot be the reason. -- Just export them, I would say.

-Stephan