Hello,

we have received a voucher for the Amazon Cloud, and after playing with it for a while, I think it could be a good extension for our current infrastructure.

I would not use it for extending our general infrastructure, as synchronizing data between two datacenters with different frameworks can be tedious, but for booking compute power when needed, I think it's a good thing - in other words, using it as on-demand compile cluster.

Anyone has already experience with using the Amazon Cloud for compiling? From what I have heard, creating Windows builds would be not such a good choice - not only is the Windows compute time more expensive than the Linux one, but it seems that in addition, "real iron" seems to be better.

However, for other buildbot/tinderbox tasks, is there anyone who already has experience? Otherwise, I'll investigate a bit on my own and see how we can make best use of it.

Florian