I ran across this[1], which is apparently a popular license disclaimer in the Rust community:

> Licensed under either of Apache License, Version 2.0 or MIT license at your option. > Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in this crate by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.

... this doesn't seem like it's legally valid to my non-lawyer eyes. For example, if someone was using the code under the MIT license, then presumably they wouldn't enjoy any of the APL's patent claim protections. And, if you were a downstream recipient of the code, how would you know what license you were receiving it under?

Am I missing something here?

[1]: https://crates.io/crates/syn

--
Josh Berkus