Hi David :

  I think I need some really simple example, for example

Can you give me the detail how to make this ?
It doesn't seem to work as <body onload="alert('<Lift:Alert.message /
>')" >

>From the Liftbook, there are some advanced examples with Comet and
Ajax,
but my problem is even some simple things I don't know how to make it.

The previous javascript code needs 3 parameters, "start_time",
"end_time" and an "until_string"( just for the message to display),
but in the original PHP there are two functions with the same name,
it's the code that decides which to use.

The javascript is to display a message to show much time left, it
calls itself to replenish the display,
that's why there is an setTimeout('realtime_output()', 1000); in the
end of the function.

And other than javascript, I would like to know how to make dynamic
CSS.

    <!--
      body{background-color:<%=background_color>;color:<
%=text_color>;}