I would like to use Lift with scala 2.8.0 but need some helping building the
branches. I've checked out the 280_port branch, but when I set the scala
version to 2.8.0.Beta1-RC3 in the main pom, Lift doesn't compile. Either the
specs tests fail because they have the wrong class signature or if I skip
the tests I get:

[INFO] Compiling 3 source files to
/Users/channing/tmp/280_port/lift-base/lift-actor/target/classes
/Users/channing/tmp/280_port/lift-base/lift-actor/src/main/scala/net/liftweb/actor/LAFuture.scala:19:
error: not found: value common
import common._

I realise that this is all a work in progress so any help is appreciated.

Channing