On 31/10/2023 01:36, Adam M. Griggs wrote:
Your second recommendation is situational. I see you have a *.uk email address. I'm familiar with the British brass band context. I get it—almost everything is transposed for instruments pitched in Bb or Eb, and in the entire ensemble, only bass trombones are notated at concert pitch. At this time, however, I'm operating in a concert band environment, working with both community and school bands. Our trombone, tuba, even euphonium parts are all notated at concert pitch. You are completely correct to suggest it, but it depends on the target audience.

And something else :-) I've only met it once, to the best of my knowledge, and I think it was American, I've come across a piece - in bass clef - and also in Bb !!!

That was a nightmare until I realised what was going on ! :-)

There's always an exception to every rule !

And over here, I think orchestras are always bass/tenor clef, brass bands are always Bb (or tenor clef, especially "brass and reed"), and concert/military/wind bands can be either.

I'm lucky, I can read all three clefs, though not tenor very well, simply because I rarely see it.

Cheers,
Wol