On 16/04/2024 23:33, Knute Snortum wrote:

    3. How to stop the second line being justified out to the right?
    In the fuller score, something like this is followed by a page
    break and more music, but there is a natural break at this double
    bar, and it looks very "stretched out". I tried various "ragged"
    keywords, but none of them just operated on the one line.

Is this not what you want?

\paper {
  ragged-last = ##t
}
That works for the last line of the whole score. The line I want to be "ragged" is the last line of a page. with more music on the next page.

--
Best wishes -- Peter