On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 6:45 AM Dirck Nagy <dn...@uwlax.edu> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Reading that last thread about Frescobaldi and its possible disappearance
> from Mac is causing me to panic. Jean, I did not realize that you were the
> last person to seriously work on Frescobaldi / Mac.
>

> I use Mac exclusively, and Frescobaldi / Lilypond is very important to me.
>

> FYI, what I like the most about Frescobaldi are:
>

>    -
>
>    Templates and wizards
>    -
>
>    Snippets
>    -
>
>    Point and Click selection
>    -
>
>    Syntax highlighting
>

> If Frescobaldi for Mac does indeed vanish, what are my alternatives for a
> Lilypond editor?

Hi,

Although https://github.com/paopre/Spontini is focused on _very different_
tasks than Frescobaldi, it has the features you just mentioned (they are
exposed in a somewhat different way, but they should work), including code
completion
I could not extensively test it in the past months, nor I own a Mac, but
thanks to CI/CD it should work on newer versions.
I'm planning to make a new release in the next few weeks.
Also, at the moment there are no active contributors for it. Therefore, any
help is really appreciated...