Developers are usually required to set aside a certain number of units as
“affordable” in order to be approved by the towns. At Oriole Landing, an
“affordable” 2-bedroom unit is about $2000/month (market rate is much higher).
Very different from low-income. An individual earning $30,000 per year would be
about $35,000 short of qualifying for “affordable," as they must earn at least
approximately $65,000 to qualify and ensure that they would be able to meet the
rent.