Not that long ago I had to say goodbye to Tim at the Lincoln post office.  He
moved closer to home town.  Less commute time. I still miss him.  I still miss
Sy as well for those who remember him.  Now I heard today Dan (the manager) has
'retired'. I didn't even get to say goodbye. That saddened me enormously.  Liz
is still at the p.o. but many faces there are new at this point?  A sign of the
times.
The post office is now failing IMHO under the post master general Dejoy (and
his "ten year 'strategic plan') appointed by Drumpf.  And strangely, he's still
there.
Here's an article that points out how the U.S. mails will slow down even  more
under DeJoy's new plan. We've always had one of the best postal services in the
world.  No longer I guess.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/09/29/fire-dejoy-demand-intensifies-10-year-plan-sabotage-postal-service-takes-effect.

Frankly I'm still wondering why DeJoy is still there.  And so is Ralph Nader's
group Public Citizen "We're still wondering why the hell Louis DeJoy is still
Postmaster General"  when he's doing this to USPS:  Here's another recent news
article on what is about to happen.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/09/28/usps-delivery-get-slower-more-expensive-during-holidays/5893001001/

Just to share.  I care and am very sad about all this.  Jean PalmerTower Rd.