From: Adam M Hogue<mailto:adam.m.ho...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 11:47 AM
To: Sara Mattes<mailto:samat...@gmail.com>
Cc: Lincoln Talk<mailto:lincoln@lincolntalk.org>
Subject: Re: [LincolnTalk] Hogue for Select Board

Hello all,

Sara, I hope you are well and thank you for reaching out. Below, I’ve outlined
the issues that I currently see as most important for Lincoln, as well as my
experiences and qualifications that I believe would be useful if elected.

One of the most important issues (not only in Lincoln but the Commonwealth
overall) is housing.  I love our community and I know others that want to live
here, but are either priced out or simply unable to find a home given the
supply. We need more housing options in Lincoln so that people can afford to
live in our great community.  In addition, I also want to make sure that people
are not forced to sell their homes due to inability to pay taxes, so that
people are able to age in place if they so desire.

The next issue that I see as critical is sustainability and green energy.  As
we have seen with gas prices and heating costs (even prior to the current
situation), we need to work with our leaders on Beacon Hill and as a region to
fulfill our energy needs in a smart way that doesn’t economically burden our
residents.

Finally, another important issue, and one of my main goals, is to work with
FINCOM to build a reasonable budget that serves our needs while also making
sure we do not put too much of a burden on the taxpayers of Lincoln.

In terms of my experiences and qualifications, I have been involved in state
and regional politics for years though my charity work for Veterans, as well as
lobbying to teach financial education to children in schools.  If elected, I
will use the relationships that I have built to work together with elected
officials in our neighboring towns and the state level to make sure we solve
issues together.

Specific to Lincoln, I have volunteered to run many Veterans events in town and
the 4th of July run.  These experiences have given me a great appreciation of
the importance of these community events.  I want to work to create more
community events in town and to make sure that we bring back the 4th of July
fireworks to our community once the school project is done.  So many in our
community miss this great event.

I have also served the town as a current School Committee member.  I have
helped form budget and policy in this role and have worked with numerous people
in town for the last 4 years.  This has helped me understand how the town
works, as well as what goes into the budget process, and has also helped me to
understand the community.  While the work has been challenging at times, it has
always given me great pride to serve our children and our community.  During my
time on the School Committee, we have kept the budget within FINCOM’s guidance
and have not had to ask for an override.

Finally, I love serving my community.  I picked this up from my 17 years in the
United States Military where I was awarded a Bronze Star for my action in
Afghanistan.  I also currently serve on CAPCOM as part of my role on the School
Committee, and as I’m sure others on that committee may say, I am not afraid to
speak up and suggest new ideas.  I don’t passively accept the answer “because
that is how we have always done it” because we have to be creative and have
debates to solve issues.  I like to learn and work with people and I believe
that debating the issues to come up with the best solution(s) is an integral
part of this work.

Thank you once again and I would appreciate your support on March 28th!

Adam M Hogue, Candidate for Select Board
Cell: (978) 828-6184

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 10:30 AM Sara Mattes