From: "Bryce Wells via Lincoln" <lincoln@lincolntalk.org>
To: "Sara Lupkas" <sara.lup...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Listserv Listserv" <lincoln@lincolntalk.org>
Sent: 4/27/2022 10:45:32 AM
Subject: Re: [LincolnTalk] LS continues to slip

Well said and agreed.

I'm waiting - as I think we all are - for Dennis to dive through the ranking criteria and provide some insight as to why some schools are ranking better than others. As I've said on this forum before, both of my boys are having very good experiences at LS, but that's just our experience.

I did go and look at SAT performance for Mass schools and our students average a combined score of 1274. I think it's fair to use SAT scores as a proxy for college readiness, but feel free to disagree. I know that many schools are switching back from "test optional" because the SATs (or ACTs) are still the best indicator of academic success freshman year. That 1274 ranks around 16th out of the districts listed (around 300) and tied or better than Needham, Dover-Sherborn, Winchester, Maynard. But trailing schools like Lexington (1356!), AB (1333), Wayland (1302) or Concord-Carlisle (1286).

I've found that LS does things differently from what I anticipated... there's no class rank, there's not a HUGE emphasis on AP classes, they don't weight grades based on tougher course segments, etc... but the course offerings are plentiful and the teachers are incredible.