As of Saturday, January 22, 2022, the library building has reopened to the
public and we are following our regular schedule.

*Library **Hours April 25, 2022 – June 26, 2022*

Day

Hours open

Monday

1:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Tuesday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Wednesday

9:00 am - 8:30 pm

Thursday

9:00 am- 8:30 pm

Friday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday

10:00 am – 5:00 pm

Sunday

Closed

Contactless pickup has ended. All reserved materials can be picked up in
our open stack reserved materials area and checked out. Patrons who have
concerns about entering the building can call the library at 781-259-8465
ext. 204 – we will be happy to check out your reserves and bring them to
the vestibule for you.

*Masks now optional in the Lincoln Public Library*

The Lincoln Board of Health (BOH) voted to rescind the town-wide indoor
mask mandate effective Monday, March 14, 2022, in response to substantially
improved and positively trending public health data, including Lincoln’s
high vaccination rate.

Residents with weakened immune systems or at increased risk of severe
Covid-19 disease because of age or medical conditions, or who have a
household member at such increased risk, are advised by the Lincoln BOH and
the Commonwealth’s Department of Public Health (DPH) to continue to wear a
mask when indoors other than in their home, even if they are vaccinated.

We encourage the public to continue to wear masks in accordance with their
own comfort level and in compliance with the DPH guidelines cited above.
Private establishments may continue to *require masks upon entry.*

*Updated indoor mask use recommendation as of April 14, 2022*: “Due to
recent data showing an increase in positive COVID-19 cases, the Board of
Health members voted last night to strongly recommend that people wear
masks in public indoor spaces until early May as we see how the infection
rate from the new BA-2 variant evolves over the next few weeks after spring
vacation.”

More information is available on the town website here.
<https://www.lincolntown.org/1169/Coronavirus-Covid-19>

Please visit our FAQ page
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/about/library-phase-iii-reopening-information-2>
for
more information about our changes in service!

*Hokiday Hours*

The Lincoln Library will be closed all day on Monday, May 30 in observance
of Memorial Day.

*Saturday Hours*

Saturday hours will run through June 26, 2022.

*Sunday Hours*

*The Lincoln Library is currently closed on Sundays. Please note that
Sunday, April 24 was the last open Sunday until we reopen on Sundays in the
fall. Our first open Sunday will be October 16, 2022*

*Other Upcoming Events: *

Our programming will continue as scheduled. Please see our calendar
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/events/program-calendar>for more
information about our programs.

  <https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Reading Challenges
<https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Through the generosity of the Friends of the Lincoln Library, the library
is now able to offer online reading challenges via Beanstack, a free online
service which offers book and activity logging, recommendations, reviews,
and more! As of April 1, two reading challenges are available.

*The Lincoln Library Read Local Challenge, running March 1 – November 30*

Learn more about our community by reading books from our Read Local reading
list about the history of Lincoln and Massachusetts, as well as fiction and
nonfiction by local authors!

*Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Challenge, running May
1 – May 31*

Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander voices, history, and heritage
through reading books and completing activities. Choose books from our
suggested list of titles related to Asian American and Pacific Islander
heritage or pick your own! Log your reading and activities here to earn
badges all month long.

At the end of each challenge there will be a prize drawing and one lucky
reader will be a winner!

Baby Bounce
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-bounce-35/>

*Thursday, May 12, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

Gentle stories and songs for babies and caregivers, followed by playtime. A
great opportunity to connect and share experiences! Intended for infants
and their caregivers; no registration required.

Special Friday Morning Book Group: Arts and Artists, featuring B.A.
Shapiro, author of *The Art Forger*
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/friday-morning-book-group-arts-artists-13/>

*Friday, May 13, 9:30am – 11:30am*

*Zoom*

Join us for a special edition of our regular Friday Morning Book Group as
we meet the author of the bestselling book *The Art Forger*. *The Art
Forger* delves into the infamous art heist at the Isabella Stewart Gardner
Museum--still the largest unsolved art theft in history--one of the stolen
Degas paintings is delivered to the Boston studio of a young artist. Claire
Roth has entered into a Faustian bargain with a powerful gallery owner by
agreeing to forge the Degas in exchange for a one-woman show in his
renowned gallery. But as she begins her work, she starts to suspect that
this long-missing masterpiece--the very one that had been hanging at the
Gardner for one hundred years--may itself be a forgery. The Art Forger is a
thrilling novel about seeing--and not seeing--the secrets that lie beneath
the canvas. Summary provided by Syndetics a Bowker Company*.*

*For zoom link & information please email Lisa at **lrothenb...@minlib.net*
<lrothenb...@minlib.net>*.  Copies in various formats available at the
front desk and in digital format*

eBook Help
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/ebook-help-134/>

*Friday, May 13, 2:00 pm– 3:00 pm*

*Zoom*

Learn how to read or listen to library books on a Kindle or iPhone! Kate
Tranquada and Elizabeth Creighton will show you how to borrow eBooks and
audiobooks from the Lincoln Public Library. They’re available for
troubleshooting too.

Contact Kate at ktranqu...@minlib.net to get the Zoom link or call
781-259-8465 x 3.

Reading for Racial and Social Justice
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/reading-for-racial-and-social-justice-book-group/>

*Monday, May 16, 7:00pm – 8:15pm*

*Tarbell Room with Zoom option*

This week’s book is *All You Can Ever Know,* by Nicole Chung

For information or to receive a Zoom invitation please email Robin at
rrapop...@minlib.net

Storytime <https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/storytime-22/>

*Tuesday, May 17, 10:00am – 10:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

Storytime has moved inside! Bring your mask and join us in the library’s
magazine room where there is plenty of space to social distance. For
babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.

Baby Bounce
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-bounce-37/>

*Thursday, May 19, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

Gentle stories and songs for babies and caregivers, followed by playtime. A
great opportunity to connect and share experiences! Intended for infants
and their caregivers; no registration required.

4th Grade Book Group
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/4th-grade-book-club-8/>

*Thursday, May 19, 3:30pm – 4:15pm*

*Lincoln Library*

Book discussion for 4th graders. This group meets on the third Thursday of
every month. Call the library to register and reserve this month’s
selection.

Open Studios Art Reception
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/open-studios-art-reception/>

*Thursday, May 19, 4:00pm – 6:00pm*

*Gallery, Lincoln Public Library*

Reception for the current art show in the main gallery, Lincoln Open Studio
Biennial Exhibit at the Lincoln Public Library, April 28 – May 25

Lincoln Library Film Society
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lincoln-library-film-society-21/>

*Thursday, May 19, 6:00pm – 8:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Screenings of new & classic films are on tap for tonight!

*Big Night* (1996)

New Jersey, 1950s. Two brothers run an Italian restaurant. Business is not
going well as a rival Italian restaurant is out-competing them. In a final
effort to save the restaurant, the brothers plan to put on an evening of
incredible food.

Directed by Stanley Tucci & Campbell Scott

Starring Stanley Tucci, Tony Shalhoub.

approx. 1 hour 49 minutes; Rated R

Mystery Mondays
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/mystery-mondays-20/>

*Monday, May 23, 7:00pm – 8:30pm*

*Zoom*

This week’s book is *The Big Kahuna*, by Janet and Peter Evanovich. For a
Zoom link please email Lisa at lrothenb...@minlib.net.

Storytime <https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/storytime-23/>

*Tuesday, May 24, 10:00am – 10:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

Storytime has moved inside! Bring your mask and join us in the library’s
magazine room where there is plenty of space to social distance. For
babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.

5th/6th Grade Book Club
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/4-5th-grade-book-club-5/>

*Tuesday, May 24 3:30pm – 4:15pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Literary discussion and connection activities for children in grade 5 and
6. For more information and to register, email sfeat...@minlib.net

 *Recordings of Past Events:*

An Evening with Sybrina Fulton: Cultivating Justice toward Racial Equality
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/an-evening-with-sybrina-fulton/>

Sybrina Fulton Mother of Trayvon Martin

Sybrina Fulton is dedicating her life to transforming family tragedy into
social change. Since the death of her 17-year-old son, Trayvon Martin,
during the violent confrontation in 2012, Fulton has become an inspiring
spokesperson for parents and concerned citizens across the country. Her
book co-authored with Tracy Martin, Rest in Power: The Enduring Life of
Trayvon Martin, shares the intimate story of a tragically foreshortened
life and the rise of a movement that awoke a nation’s conscience.

The publicity surrounding Trayvon’s death and the ensuing trial catapulted
the country into national debate. Despite the intense struggle of losing a
child, Fulton has become a role model to many by turning her grief into
advocacy. Remaining strong throughout the trial and ensuing months, she
lends her voice to speak against violence towards children and the need to
build better, safer communities for all.

Her message not only appeals to people’s hearts as it relates to children,
but is also one of hope and change, exemplified by her personal experiences
and endeavors. As a mother, she inspires audiences to continuously educate
their children about civil rights and to help them feel accepted as part of
an ever-changing society. An honest and relatable speaker, Fulton always
looks forward to sharing her powerful message with everyone from colleges
and legal professionals to community and family organizations, and all
other proponents of social justice.

A Miami native, Fulton graduated from Florida Memorial University, where
she earned a bachelor's degree in English. A proud mother, Fulton worked
for the Miami-Dade County Housing Development Agency for over 25 years and
is a member of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church of Miami Gardens.

Currently, Fulton is running for office in Miami-Dade, but is still looking
forward to speaking.

Topics:

• We Are All Trayvon

• From Pain to Purpose: The Time is Now to Own Democracy

Lincoln Library's portion of this program was funded by The Friends of the
Lincoln Public Library.

This program was cosponsored by Belmont Human Rights; Beech Street Center;
Town of Belmont; Belmont Against Racism; Ashland Public Library, Lincoln
Public Library; Morrill Memorial Library and the Wayland Free Public
Library.

The recording is available to view here <https://youtu.be/rC3j-nJ-DPg>.

Three Authors, Three Books, & One Lincoln
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/four-lincoln-authors-discuss-their-new-books/>

Featuring Elise Lemire, Judy Polumbaum and Katie Ives

Three Lincoln authors who have shared interests in justice, history, and
the environment discuss how their Lincoln experiences have shaped their
numerous writing projects.

Recent works by the authors:

*Imaginary Peaks* by Katie Ives Mountaineer Books, 2021

*Battle Green Vietnam: The 1971 March on Concord, Lexington, and Boston* by
Elise Lemire; University of Pennsylvania Press, 2021

*All The Available Light: The Life and Legacy of Photographer Ted Polumbaum* by
Judy Polumbaum; McFarland Press, 2021

The recording is available to view here <https://youtu.be/xA68P0wuXLw>.

Robin Rapoport
Reference Librarian (in the library Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
Lincoln Public Library
3 Bedford Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
781-259-8465