Biking, walking, horseback riding, and dog walking are all forms of passive
recreation:

"Passive recreation refers to non-consumptive uses such as wildlife
observation, walking,
biking, and canoeing." Google it - it's defined this way very consistently.

Active recreation is sports with fields and structures: soccer for example.