We battle Sweet Woodruff in many conservation fields in Lincoln - it is very
aggressive! I would strongly advise against planting it anywhere. A good place
to look for native plant recommendations is either on LLCT's website,
https://lincolnconservation.org/pollinators/toolkits/, Native Plant Trust's
Garden Plant Finder, https://www.nativeplanttrust.org/, or Grow Native of
Waltham, https://www.grownativemass.org/. The Native Plant Trust site has a
database where you can filter according to specifications like growing
conditions and what height/spread you're looking for.

Hope this helps!
Sara

Sara Lupkas
Stewardship Director
Lincoln Land Conservation Trust

e. lup...@lincolnconservation.org
p. 781-259-9251
c. 610-620-3626
On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 6:01 PM Audrey Kalmus <akal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Lincoln gardeners -  I’m curious about your experience with Sweet
> Woodruff (Galium odoratum). I’m considering it for a medium shady spot as
> ground cover in between other plants like bleeding hearts, fringed bleeding
> hearts, anise hyssop, sage. But I read it can be aggressive. I’ve tried
> chameleon fish mint in a different spot - it was definitely aggressive and I
> don’t want to deal with anything like that again. What do you think? If not
> Sweet Woodruff what would you do instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Audrey

Sara Lupkas