As of Saturday, January 22, 2022, the library building has reopened to the
public and we are following our regular schedule.

*Library **Hours August 1, 2022 – September 9, 2022*

*Day*

*Hours open*

Monday

1:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Tuesday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Wednesday

9:00 am - 8:30 pm

Thursday

9:00 am- 8:30 pm

Friday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday

Closed

Sunday

Closed

Contactless pickup has ended. All reserved materials can be picked up in
our open stack reserved materials area and checked out. Patrons who have
concerns about entering the building can call the library at 781-259-8465
ext. 204 – we will be happy to check out your reserves and bring them to
the vestibule for you.

*Masks now optional in the Lincoln Public Library*

The Lincoln Board of Health (BOH) voted to rescind the town-wide indoor
mask mandate effective Monday, March 14, 2022, in response to substantially
improved and positively trending public health data, including Lincoln’s
high vaccination rate.

Residents with weakened immune systems or at increased risk of severe
Covid-19 disease because of age or medical conditions, or who have a
household member at such increased risk, are advised by the Lincoln BOH and
the Commonwealth’s Department of Public Health (DPH) to continue to wear a
mask when indoors other than in their home, even if they are vaccinated.

We encourage the public to continue to wear masks in accordance with their
own comfort level and in compliance with the DPH guidelines cited above.
Private establishments may continue to *require masks upon entry.*

*Updated indoor mask use recommendation as of April 14, 2022*: “Due to
recent data showing an increase in positive COVID-19 cases, the Board of
Health members voted last night to strongly recommend that people wear
masks in public indoor spaces until early May as we see how the infection
rate from the new BA-2 variant evolves over the next few weeks after spring
vacation.”

More information is available on the town website here.
<https://www.lincolntown.org/1169/Coronavirus-Covid-19>

Please visit our FAQ page
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/about/library-phase-iii-reopening-information-2>
for
more information about our changes in service!

 *Saturday Hours*

The Lincoln Library will be closed on Saturdays during the month of August.
Our normal Saturday schedule will resume on September 10.

*Sunday Hours*

The Lincoln Library is currently closed on Sundays until we reopen on
Sundays in the fall. Our first open Sunday will be October 16, 2022

*Other Upcoming Events: *

Our programming will continue as scheduled. Please see our calendar
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/events/program-calendar>for more
information about our programs.

  <https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Reading Challenges
<https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Through the generosity of the Friends of the Lincoln Library, the library
is now able to offer online reading challenges via Beanstack, a free online
service which offers book and activity logging, recommendations, reviews,
and more! As of June 1, four reading challenges are available.

*The Lincoln Library Read Local Challenge, running March 1 – November 30
(join any time!)*

Learn more about our community by reading books from our Read Local reading
list about the history of Lincoln and Massachusetts, as well as fiction and
nonfiction by local authors!

Any participant who earns at least one badge in addition to the
registration badge will be entered in a prize drawing at the end of the
challenge!

*Lincoln Library Virtual Adult Summer Reading Challenge, running June 15 –
August 31*

Don't let the kids have all the summer reading fun! Earn virtual badges for
completing a variety of summer reading activities. Anyone who earns six out
of the eight badges (not including the registration badges) by August 31
will receive a small prize and an invitation to a wine and cheese wrap-up
party! (Sept party date TBD)

*Lincoln Library Summer Staff Picks Challenge, running June 21 – August 31*

Let our staff guide you through a great summer of reading! From June 15 -
August 31, earn virtual badges for reading books from our curated list of
titles recommended by Lincoln Public Library staff members. Anyone who
reads at least one book from the list will be entered in our prize drawing
at the end of the challenge and TWO lucky participants will win a prize!

Minuteman Library Crawl
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/minuteman-library-crawl/>

*Wednesday, August 3, 10:00am – 5:00pm*

*Library, Lincoln Public Library*

We invite you to spend a day visiting local libraries – find out what is
special about each and what they have to offer to you and your family. This
is an event for all ages – all you need is a love of libraries and a way to
get from place to place. The challenge is to visit as many libraries as you
can and take a picture of yourself with a designated item in each library –
it’s a 21st century scavenger hunt! Download your Passport for all of the
info.

 Post your pics and tag the libraries #mlncrawl2022. Each library will have
handouts and giveaways – show your pictures to a librarian (or if you don’t
have a camera, just tell a librarian you’re on the crawl) and receive a
PRIZE!

Participating MLN libraries include : Arlington Robbins & Arlington Fox
Branch, Ashland, Bacon Free (Natick), Concord & Fowler Branch, Dedham &
Endicott Branch, Framingham & McAuliffe Branch, Lexington (Cary), Lincoln,
Maynard, Morrill Memorial Library (Norwood), Morse Institute Library
(Natick), Needham, Newton, Sudbury, Wayland, Wellesley Main & Wellesley
Hills & Wellesley Fells, Westwood Main & Islington Branch.

Knitting for Kids!
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/knitting-for-kids-2/>

*Wednesday, August 3, 4:00pm – 5:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

*Farrar Room, Lincoln Library*

Looking for a great way to keep busy AND learn something new? Knitting is a
wonderfully satisfying hobby that encourages creativity and relaxation.
This workshop is perfect for beginners as well as for those children
looking to advance their skills. We will cover the basics of knitting
(knit/purl stitch, casting on or off, increases/decreases) while making a
stuffed animal. The workshop includes yarn, knitting needles, and pattern.

Workshop will be held 4 Wednesdays this summer (7/13, 7/20, 8/3, 8/10) from
4pm - 5pm

For kids entering grade 2+

Participants are encouraged to attend all 4 workshops

Limited space. Email dleop...@minlib.net to register

Baby Bounce
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-bounce-50/>

*August 4, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

Gentle stories and songs for babies and caregivers, followed by playtime. A
great opportunity to connect and share experiences! Intended for infants
and their caregivers; no registration required.

Rockabye Beats at the Pierce House!
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/rockabye-beats-at-the-pierce-house/>

*Friday, August 5, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Pierce House Tent, 17 Weston Road, Lincoln MA*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library (backup in case of bad weather)*

Children of all ages are invited to join this 45-minute program with the
Rockabye Beats! Music concert includes singing, dancing, instrument jams, a
sprinkle of Spanish, and a healthy dose of silliness. No registration
necessary.

This show will be held under the tent of the Pierce House.

Limited parking at the Pierce House. You can also park in the library
parking lot or town hall lot and walk over.

If the weather is poor, the event will be moved to the Tarbell Room at the
library. Please check our website or our Facebook and Instagram pages by
9:00 a.m. on day of event.

Thank you to the Friends of the Lincoln Library for their generous Summer
Reading Program support.

Storytime <https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/storytime-29/>
*!*

*Tuesday, August 9, 10:00am – 10:30pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

 A lively story program that combines books, music, & movement. Come
prepared to dance!

•         Every Tuesday at 10 AM

•         For ages 0-5

•         No registration necessary

Knitting for Kids!
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/knitting-for-kids-3/>

*Wednesday, August 10, 4:00pm – 5:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

*Farrar Room, Lincoln Library*

Looking for a great way to keep busy AND learn something new? Knitting is a
wonderfully satisfying hobby that encourages creativity and relaxation.
This workshop is perfect for beginners as well as for those children
looking to advance their skills. We will cover the basics of knitting
(knit/purl stitch, casting on or off, increases/decreases) while making a
stuffed animal. The workshop includes yarn, knitting needles, and pattern.

Workshop will be held 4 Wednesdays this summer (7/13, 7/20, 8/3, 8/10) from
4pm - 5pm

For kids entering grade 2+

Participants are encouraged to attend all 4 workshops

Limited space. Email dleop...@minlib.net to register

Baby Bounce
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-bounce-49/>

*August 11, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Library*

Gentle stories and songs for babies and caregivers, followed by playtime. A
great opportunity to connect and share experiences! Intended for infants
and their caregivers; no registration required.

“Fort” Night at the Library!
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/fort-night-at-the-library/>

*Thursday, August 11, 6:00pm – 7:30pm*

*Children’s Room/Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Is there anything better than cozying up with a book under a  fort? Join us
for a fun filled night of making blanket forts in the library!!! Make sure
to bring your own clean sheets and/or blankets.  Pajamas encouraged! Bring
a stuffed animal and a flashlight too!

No registration necessary

All ages welcome

Baby Massage Workshop with Sheryl White
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-massage-workshop-with-sheryl-white/>

*Friday, August 12, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Baby Massage deepens bonding, promotes the strengthening of the digestive,
respiratory and circulatory systems, helps relieve the discomfort
associated with gas and colic, improves sleep and increases sensitivity to
baby’s cues. This Baby Massage workshop will teach you how to massage,
relax, and soothe your newborn to pre-crawling baby. Sheryl creates a calm
and peaceful environment for families with her gentle demeanor. There are
50 strokes to learn, including a colic relief routine for gas. Sheryl will
share her own colic hold that she developed called the Baby Kneads Soother.
All of the techniques will be demonstrated on a doll and participants can
practice the strokes on their own babies during the class.

Participants are encouraged to sign up for all 4 workshop sessions, which
will take place on Fridays from Aug 12 - Sept 2 from 10:30am - 11:30am
(8/12, 8/19, 8/26, 9/2). Email dleop...@minlib.net to register.

eBook Help
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/ebook-help-150/>

*F**riday, August 12, 2:00pm– 3:00pm*

*Zoom*

Learn how to read or listen to library books on a Kindle or iPhone! Kate
Tranquada and Elizabeth Creighton will show you how to borrow eBooks and
audiobooks from the Lincoln Public Library. They’re available for
troubleshooting too.

Contact Kate at ktranqu...@minlib.net to get the Zoom link or call
781-259-8465 x 3.

Storytime! <https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/storytime-31/>

*Tuesday, August 16, 10:00am – 10:30pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

 A lively story program that combines books, music, & movement. Come
prepared to dance!

•         Every Tuesday at 10 AM

•         For ages 0-5

•         No registration necessary

Book to Film Movie Night
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/movie-night-4/>

*Wednesday, August 17, 6:00pm – 8:30pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

 Come watch film adaptations of favorite books!

June 29 - How to Train Your Dragon

July 20 - Kiki's Delivery Service

August 17 - Holes

Copies of the books will be available at the Children's Desk the
first week of the month, if you would like to read before you watch!

Please email sfeat...@minlib.net to RSVP if you are interested. Intended
for children in grades 3 and up.

*Recordings of past events are available* on our Special Online Displays
and Recorded Events page <https://www.lincolnpl.org/events/special-online>.

Recorded events currently available:

History of Juneteenth with Dr. Kelli Carter Jackson
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/history-of-juneteenth-with-dr-kelli-carter-jackson/>
.

Recording available here
<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/uNEzErAtMJ1nAHuUGDkTyea-yAGPhhQ5oDP9HKvyAJ8J3qhvLFdF1ynf1TD-CLuP.TanfIaJRJAe6Lwnf>
.

Access passcode yGW+FpG8

LGBTQ+ Author Panel with Emery Lee, Timothy Janovsky, Katee Robert, and
Olivia Waite
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lgbtq-author-panel-with-emery-lee-timothy-janovsky-katee-robert-and-olivia-waite/>

Recording available here. <https://youtu.be/-tjMTVAVoaw>

An Evening with Sybrina Fulton: Cultivating Justice toward Racial Equality
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/an-evening-with-sybrina-fulton/>
*.*

Recording available here. <https://youtu.be/rC3j-nJ-DPg>

Three Authors, Three Books, & One Lincoln
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/four-lincoln-authors-discuss-their-new-books/>
*:* Featuring Elise Lemire, Judy Polumbaum and Katie Ives. Recording
available here. <https://youtu.be/xA68P0wuXLw>
Robin Rapoport
Reference Librarian (in the library Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
Lincoln Public Library
3 Bedford Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
781-259-8465