As of Saturday, January 22, 2022, the library building has reopened to the
public and we are following our regular schedule.

*Library **Hours August 1, 2022 – September 9, 2022*

*Day*

*Hours open*

Monday

1:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Tuesday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Wednesday

9:00 am - 8:30 pm

Thursday

9:00 am- 8:30 pm

Friday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday

Closed

Sunday

Closed

Contactless pickup has ended. All reserved materials can be picked up in
our open stack reserved materials area and checked out. Patrons who have
concerns about entering the building can call the library at 781-259-8465
ext. 204 – we will be happy to check out your reserves and bring them to
the vestibule for you.

*Masks now optional in the Lincoln Public Library*

The Lincoln Board of Health (BOH) voted to rescind the town-wide indoor
mask mandate effective Monday, March 14, 2022, in response to substantially
improved and positively trending public health data, including Lincoln’s
high vaccination rate.

Residents with weakened immune systems or at increased risk of severe
Covid-19 disease because of age or medical conditions, or who have a
household member at such increased risk, are advised by the Lincoln BOH and
the Commonwealth’s Department of Public Health (DPH) to continue to wear a
mask when indoors other than in their home, even if they are vaccinated.

We encourage the public to continue to wear masks in accordance with their
own comfort level and in compliance with the DPH guidelines cited above.
Private establishments may continue to *require masks upon entry.*

*Updated indoor mask use recommendation as of April 14, 2022*: “Due to
recent data showing an increase in positive COVID-19 cases, the Board of
Health members voted last night to strongly recommend that people wear
masks in public indoor spaces until early May as we see how the infection
rate from the new BA-2 variant evolves over the next few weeks after spring
vacation.”

More information is available on the town website here.
<https://www.lincolntown.org/1169/Coronavirus-Covid-19>

Please visit our FAQ page
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/about/library-phase-iii-reopening-information-2>
for
more information about our changes in service!

*Holiday Hours*

The library will be closed all day on Saturday September 3, Sunday
September 4, and Monday September 5 in observance of Labor Day.

*Saturday Hours*

The Lincoln Library will be closed on Saturdays during the month of August
and the first Saturday of September. Our normal Saturday schedule (10am –
5pm) will resume on September 10.

*Sunday Hours*

The Lincoln Library is currently closed on Sundays until we reopen on
Sundays in the fall. Our first open Sunday will be October 16, 2022

*Other Upcoming Events: *

Our programming will continue as scheduled. Please see our calendar
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/events/program-calendar>for more
information about our programs.

  <https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Reading Challenges
<https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Through the generosity of the Friends of the Lincoln Library, the library
is now able to offer online reading challenges via Beanstack, a free online
service which offers book and activity logging, recommendations, reviews,
and more! As of June 1, four reading challenges are available.

*The Lincoln Library Read Local Challenge, running March 1 – November 30
(join any time!)*

Learn more about our community by reading books from our Read Local reading
list about the history of Lincoln and Massachusetts, as well as fiction and
nonfiction by local authors!

Any participant who earns at least one badge in addition to the
registration badge will be entered in a prize drawing at the end of the
challenge!

*Lincoln Library Virtual Adult Summer Reading Challenge, running June 15 –
August 31*

Don't let the kids have all the summer reading fun! Earn virtual badges for
completing a variety of summer reading activities. Anyone who earns six out
of the eight badges (not including the registration badges) by August 31
will receive a small prize and an invitation to a wine and cheese wrap-up
party! (Sept party date TBD)

*Lincoln Library Summer Staff Picks Challenge, running June 21 – August 31*

Let our staff guide you through a great summer of reading! From June 15 -
August 31, earn virtual badges for reading books from our curated list of
titles recommended by Lincoln Public Library staff members. Anyone who
reads at least one book from the list will be entered in our prize drawing
at the end of the challenge and TWO lucky participants will win a prize!

Write Stuff
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/write-stuff-71/>

*Wednesday, August 24, 7:00pm – 8:30pm*

*Zoom*

Lincoln’s own writers’ group. For information on joining the group, please
email Melissa at mroder...@minlib.net.

Baby Massage Workshop with Sheryl White
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-massage-workshop-with-sheryl-white-3/>

*Friday, August 26, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Baby Massage deepens bonding, promotes the strengthening of the digestive,
respiratory and circulatory systems, helps relieve the discomfort
associated with gas and colic, improves sleep and increases sensitivity to
baby’s cues. This Baby Massage workshop will teach you how to massage,
relax, and soothe your newborn to pre-crawling baby. Sheryl creates a calm
and peaceful environment for families with her gentle demeanor. There are
50 strokes to learn, including a colic relief routine for gas. Sheryl will
share her own colic hold that she developed called the Baby Kneads Soother.
All of the techniques will be demonstrated on a doll and participants can
practice the strokes on their own babies during the class.

Participants are encouraged to sign up for all 4 workshop sessions, which
will take place on Fridays from Aug 12 - Sept 2 from 10:30am - 11:30am
(8/12, 8/19, 8/26, 9/2). Email dleop...@minlib.net to register.

eBook Help
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/ebook-help-152/>

*F**riday, August 26, 2:00pm– 3:00pm*

*Zoom*

Learn how to read or listen to library books on a Kindle or iPhone! Kate
Tranquada and Elizabeth Creighton will show you how to borrow eBooks and
audiobooks from the Lincoln Public Library. They’re available for
troubleshooting too.

Contact Kate at ktranqu...@minlib.net to get the Zoom link or call
781-259-8465 x 3.

Baby Massage Workshop with Sheryl White
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-massage-workshop-with-sheryl-white-4/>

*Friday, September 2, 10:30am – 11:30am*

[...]

<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/ebook-help-153/>

*F**riday, September 2, 2:00pm– 3:00pm*

*Zoom*

Learn how to read or listen to library books on a Kindle or iPhone! Kate
Tranquada and Elizabeth Creighton will show you how to borrow eBooks and
audiobooks from the Lincoln Public Library. They’re available for
troubleshooting too.

Contact Kate at ktranqu...@minlib.net to get the Zoom link or call
781-259-8465 x 3.

Backyard Birds of Lincoln with Mass Audubon
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/mass-audubon-program/>

*Wednesday, September 7, 7:00pm – 8:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Celebrate and explore the exciting world of birds with Mass Audubon. You’ll
meet a variety of birds, from songbirds to raptors, while learning about
their habitat needs and adaptations. Join us at the Lincoln Library to
understand the impacts of climate change on birds, and how you can help the
birds in your own backyard.

*Looking Ahead!*

Beginner Bird Walk at Drumlin Farm
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/beginner-bird-walk-at-drumlin-farm/>

*Saturday, September 10, 7:30am – 9:30am*

*Adult Offsite Field Trip at Drumlin Farm*

New to birding and unsure where to start? Learn the ins and outs of this
exciting new hobby from Mass Audubon Teacher Naturalists on this guided
bird walk at Drumlin Farm!

Meet at the Education Learning Center.

Enjoy learning a simple, logical approach to field identification while
exploring the beautiful 291-acre wildlife sanctuary. Learn how to navigate
your field guide and some popular birding apps. We'll review observation
tips and how to you can confidently land on a positive identification.

Registration is required and is limited to 24. Please register for the
event here
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/beginner-bird-walk-at-drumlin-farm/>
.

*Recordings of past events are available* on our Special Online Displays
and Recorded Events page <https://www.lincolnpl.org/events/special-online>.

Recorded events currently available:

History of Juneteenth with Dr. Kelli Carter Jackson
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/history-of-juneteenth-with-dr-kelli-carter-jackson/>
.

Recording available here
<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/uNEzErAtMJ1nAHuUGDkTyea-yAGPhhQ5oDP9HKvyAJ8J3qhvLFdF1ynf1TD-CLuP.TanfIaJRJAe6Lwnf>
.

Access passcode yGW+FpG8

LGBTQ+ Author Panel with Emery Lee, Timothy Janovsky, Katee Robert, and
Olivia Waite
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lgbtq-author-panel-with-emery-lee-timothy-janovsky-katee-robert-and-olivia-waite/>

Recording available here. <https://youtu.be/-tjMTVAVoaw>

An Evening with Sybrina Fulton: Cultivating Justice toward Racial Equality
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/an-evening-with-sybrina-fulton/>
*.*

Recording available here. <https://youtu.be/rC3j-nJ-DPg>

Three Authors, Three Books, & One Lincoln
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/four-lincoln-authors-discuss-their-new-books/>
*:* Featuring Elise Lemire, Judy Polumbaum and Katie Ives. Recording
available here. <https://youtu.be/xA68P0wuXLw>

Robin Rapoport
Reference Librarian (in the library Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
Lincoln Public Library
3 Bedford Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
781-259-8465