Hi KarlaThank you for your thoughts. While I understand your worries, if we had
a community center ,how would YOU best like the town to utilize the space?  The
state of MA mandates certain regulations for COUNCIL ON  AGING  facilities when
offering the many benefits the state offers. For one instance one of the state
mandates is COA serve a delicious meal to age 60+ residents, and Bemis does not
have sufficient  kitchen space, nor do they have a steam cleaner for cleaning
dishes which is required. The state does have many requirements  for COUNCIL
ON  AGING, which Bemis is not set up for.It is more than a space issue.The
Pierce House was considered, but the space is , again, not appropriate for all
COA offers.
Please come to the Zoom mtg on THE STATE OF THE TOWN on Nov 14 to discuss your
questions and find out all that the state of MA mandates for COUNCIL  ON
AGING.  That is what the mtg is for, b4 the vote on Nov 30.Love to hear more
from you then. Lynne  LaSpina  FLCOA.
Sent from the all new AOL app for Android