As of Saturday, January 22, 2022, the library building has reopened to the
public and we are following our regular schedule.

*Library Hours October 16, 2022 – April 23, 2023*

*Day*

*Hours open*

Monday

1:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Tuesday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Wednesday

9:00 am - 8:30 pm

Thursday

9:00 am- 8:30 pm

Friday

9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday

10:00 am – 5:00 pm

Sunday

1:00pm – 5:00pm

Contactless pickup has ended. All reserved materials can be picked up in
our open stack reserved materials area and checked out. Patrons who have
concerns about entering the building can call the library at 781-259-8465
ext. 204 – we will be happy to check out your reserves and bring them to
the vestibule for you.

*Masks now optional in the Lincoln Public Library*

The Lincoln Board of Health (BOH) voted to rescind the town-wide indoor
mask mandate effective Monday, March 14, 2022, in response to substantially
improved and positively trending public health data, including Lincoln’s
high vaccination rate.

Residents with weakened immune systems or at increased risk of severe
Covid-19 disease because of age or medical conditions, or who have a
household member at such increased risk, are advised by the Lincoln BOH and
the Commonwealth’s Department of Public Health (DPH) to continue to wear a
mask when indoors other than in their home, even if they are vaccinated.

We encourage the public to continue to wear masks in accordance with their
own comfort level and in compliance with the DPH guidelines cited above.
Private establishments may continue to *require masks upon entry.*

*Updated indoor mask use recommendation as of April 14, 2022*: “Due to
recent data showing an increase in positive COVID-19 cases, the Board of
Health members voted last night to strongly recommend that people wear
masks in public indoor spaces until early May as we see how the infection
rate from the new BA-2 variant evolves over the next few weeks after spring
vacation.”

More information is available on the town website here.
<https://www.lincolntown.org/1169/Coronavirus-Covid-19>

Please visit our FAQ page
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/about/library-phase-iii-reopening-information-2>
for
more information about our changes in service!

*Holiday Hours*

The library will close at 1pm on Wednesday, November 23 and will be closed
all day on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 in observance of
Thanksgiving.

*Saturday Hours*

As of Saturday, September 10, the Lincoln Library is open on Saturdays from
10am – 5pm.

*Sunday Hours*

As of Saturday, October 16, the Lincoln Library is open on Sundays from
1:00pm – 5:00pm.

*Upcoming Events: *

Our programming will continue as scheduled. Please see our calendar
<https://us506.directrouter.com/~hgpozntp/events/program-calendar>for more
information about our programs.

Reading Challenges
<https://www.lincolnpl.org/services/readers-services/reading-challenges>

Through the generosity of the Friends of the Lincoln Library, the library
is now able to offer online reading challenges via Beanstack, a free online
service which offers book and activity logging, recommendations, reviews,
and more! As of November 1, two reading challenges are available.

*The Lincoln Library Read Local Challenge, running March 1 – November 30
(join any time!)*

Learn more about our community by reading books from our Read Local reading
list about the history of Lincoln and Massachusetts, as well as fiction and
nonfiction by local authors!

Any participant who earns at least one badge in addition to the
registration badge will be entered in a prize drawing at the end of the
challenge!

*Lincoln Library Native American Heritage Challenge, running November 1 –
November 30*

November is National Native American Heritage Month. Celebrate the rich
cultural traditions, histories, and contributions of Indigenous peoples in
North America. Complete activities and read books written by Indigenous
authors and related to the history and heritage of Indigenous peoples.
Choose a book from our list of suggestions or pick your own! Need more
suggestions? Ask a librarian! Earn badges for reading, completing
activities, and attending events. To complete the challenge and be entered
in the prize drawing at the end of the challenge, earn any three badges.
The more badges you earn, the more likely it is that the winner will be you!

Lego at the Library!
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lego-at-the-library-3/>

*Wednesday, November 16, 2:00pm – 3:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Build & create structures. We provide the Legos. You provide the
creativity!  For ages 4 & up. Drop in.

Knitting (and other fiber arts) Group
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/knitting-and-other-fiber-arts-group-2/>

*Wednesday, November 16, 7:00 – 8:30pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Do you enjoy knitting or other hand-crafts? Want to chat with others about
what you are reading and making? Please join us for a weekly drop-in
opportunity for social crafting. Bring your current project or start
something new. If you are interested in learning how to knit, we welcome a
chance to get you started. Please contact Pauline pmaclel...@yahoo.com if
you would like to learn!

Baby Bounce
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/baby-bounce-61/>

*Thursday, November 17, 10:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Gentle stories and songs for babies and caregivers, followed by playtime. A
great opportunity to connect and share experiences! Intended for infants
and their caregivers; no registration required.

Homeschoolers Book Club
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/homeschoolers-book-club-2/>

*Thursday, November 17, 1:00pm – 2:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Each month students choose a book, based on the theme, to share with the
group.

The group is intended for caregivers and their children in grades 2+

Siblings welcome! Light refreshments served.

REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Any questions or to register, email
dleop...@minlib.net or call 781-259-8465 x4.

5/6th Grade Book Club
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/5-6th-grade-book-club-2/>

*Thursday, November 17, 4:00pm – 4:45pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Book club for 5/6th graders

Please email sfeat...@minlib.net to register!

Lincoln Library Film Society
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lincoln-library-film-society-28/>

*Thursday, November 17, 6:00pm – 8:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

All are welcome!

*THE GREAT BEAUTY*

Directed by Paulo Sorrentino

2013, Not Rated, 2 hr, 22 min

Italian dialogue; English subtitles

Featuring sensuous cinematography, a lush score, and an award-winning
central performance by the great Toni Servillo, this transporting
experience by the brilliant Italian director Paolo Sorrentino is a
breathtaking Felliniesque tale of decadence and lost love. -
www.criterion.com/films/28604-the-great-beauty

Friday Morning Book Group
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/friday-morning-book-group-58/>

*Friday, November 18, 9:30am – 11:30am*

*Tarbell Room and on Zoom, Lincoln Public Library*

This week’s book is *The Uncommon Reader*, by Alan Bennett

For information and to receive the Zoom invitation, please email Kate at
ktranqu...@minlib.net.

eBook Help
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/ebook-help-164/>

*Friday, November 18, 2:00pm – 3:00pm*

*Reference Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Your reference librarian can help. They will show you how to borrow eBooks
and audiobooks from the Lincoln Public Library.  Available for
troubleshooting, too.

Contact Kate at ktranqu...@minlib.net to make an appointment.

Virtual Event: Settler-Colonist Ties to Thanksgiving and Columbus: Taking
Back the Narrative
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/virtual-settler-colonist-ties-to-thanksgiving-columbus-taking-back-the-narrative/>

*Monday, November 21 7:00pm – 8:00pm*

*Zoom*

Missing information, inaccurate stories, and stereotypes perpetuate myths
about Columbus and Thanksgiving. When we can't describe an accurate First
Nations perspective, it's often because we have grown up in a system that
has made hard truths invisible. In this presentation, we will explore this
colonial system through primary sources and examine how language
perpetuates invisibility and how we can dismantle oppression to bring
accurate counter-narratives to life.

Claudia A. Fox Tree (she, her) identifies as a multiracial Indigenous
woman. She has been a middle school special education teacher for over 35
years. During this time, she has also taught professional development and
social justice courses at the college level for Initiatives for Developing
Equity and Achievement for all Students (IDEAS) and presented about
decolonizing anti-racism initiatives at numerous national and local
conferences. Claudia earned her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and
Anthropology from the University of Massachusetts (Boston), teaching
certification in elementary and special education from Fitchburg State
College, and a Master’s Degree in Education from Northeastern University in
educational research. She is currently a doctoral student at Lesley
University. Claudia is also a polymer clay artist, blogger, and mother to
five young adults (and four cats).

Since 2000, Claudia has been on the Massachusetts Center for Native
American Awareness (https://www.mcnaa.org/) board. MCNAA’s mission is to
preserve Native American cultural traditions; to assist Native American
residents with basic needs and educational expenses; to advance public
knowledge and understanding, to dispel inaccurate information about Native
People, and work towards racial equality by addressing racial issues
inequities across the region.

Register here
<https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/4016656915968/WN_oYSKo2PQQWCVyUN5p-eoAA>
for
Zoom link.

This program is cosponsored by Belmont Against Racism and the public
libraries of Belmont, Brookline, Chelmsford, Lincoln, Maynard, Natick,
Norwood, Stow, Wellesley, and Weston.

Reading for Racial and Social Justice
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/reading-for-racial-and-social-justice-14/>

Monday, November 21, 7:00pm – 8:15pm

*Tarbell Room and on Zoom, Lincoln Public Library*

This week’s book is *Passing*, by Nella Larsen

For information or to receive a Zoom invitation, please email Robin at
rrapop...@minlib.net

Storytime! For All Ages
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/storytime-42/>

*Tuesday, November 22, 10:00am – 10:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

A lively story program that combines books, music, scarves, and shakers.
Come prepared to dance! Recommended for ages 0-5. No registration necessary.

7/8th Grade Book Group
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/7-8th-grade-book-club-7/>

*Tuesday, November 22, 4:00pm – 4:45pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Book Club for 7/8th Graders

Please email sfeat...@minlib.net to register!

Write Stuff
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/write-stuff-74/>

*Wednesday, November 23, 7:00pm – 8:30pm*

*Zoom*

Lincoln's own writers group. For information on joining the group, please
email Melissa at mroder...@minlib.net

*Mystery Mondays
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/mystery-mondays-under-a-dark-sky-2/>*

*Monday, November 28, 7:00pm – 8:15pm*

*Tarbell Room and on Zoom, Lincoln Public Library*

This week’s book is *Wolf Hollow* by Victoria Houston. Please email Robin
at rrapop...@minlib.net for information and to receive the Zoom invitation.

Storytime! For All Ages
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/storytime-43/>

*Tuesday, November 29, 10:00am – 10:30am*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

A lively story program that combines books, music, scarves, and shakers.
Come prepared to dance! Recommended for ages 0-5. No registration necessary.

Lego at the Library!
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lego-at-the-library-9/>

*Wednesday, November 30, 2:00pm – 3:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Build & create structures. We provide the Legos. You provide the
creativity!  For ages 4 & up. Drop in.

*Knitting (and other fiber arts) Group
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/knitting-and-other-fiber-arts-group-4/>*

*Wednesday, November 30, 7:00pm – 8:30pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

Do you enjoy knitting or other hand-crafts? Want to chat with others about
what you are reading and making? Please join us for a weekly drop-in
opportunity for social crafting. Bring your current project or start
something new. If you are interested in learning how to knit, we welcome a
chance to get you started. Please contact Pauline pmaclel...@yahoo.com if
you would like to learn!

*Looking Ahead!*

Virtual Event: Nutcrackers: A Colorful History
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/virtual-nutcrackers-a-colorful-history/>

*Thursday, December 1, 11:00am – 12:00pm*

*Zoom, Lincoln Public Library*

**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VIRTUAL PROGRAM THAT WILL TAKE PLACE VIA ZOOM.
Registrants will receive a link to access the Zoom Meeting via email.**

You may never have given those funny painted statues much thought, but the
history of nutcrackers involves the development of tools from the Stone Age
to the Industrial Age. Their story encompasses the political changes of
Communist-era Germany, a Russian ballet and American G.I.S. These are all
elements in the history of the charming, colorful creations we enjoy today.
Our look at nutcrackers will include a nod to other traditional Christmas
decorations such as pyramids and ‘smokers’ that have developed along with
them. Led by art historian Mary Woodward, who serves as a guide at several
Historic New England properties. She previously served as Public Programs
Coordinator and Educator at the Concord Museum. Woodward has a B.A. in Art
History from Furman University and an M.A. in Art History from Emory
University. She has 40+ years of experience in museums of all shapes and
sizes, from the comprehensive collection at the Cleveland Museum of Art to
the one-room log cabin birthplace of President James K. Polk.

Register directly on Zoom HERE
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/2716657751268/WN_bRD2v0r4S-iODEa55MC7CA>
.

This Virtual Event is hosted by the Tewksbury Public Library, in
collaboration with several Massachusetts libraries.

Sponsored by the Friends of the Lincoln Library
<https://lincolnpl.org/about/friends>.

Boston Bogleheads meeting on Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS)
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/boston-bogleheads-meeting-on-treasury-inflation-protected-securities-tips/>

*Saturday, December 3, 10:30am – 12:00pm*

*Tarbell Room, Lincoln Public Library*

The meeting will feature a presentation on Treasury Inflation Protected
Securities (TIPS) by Rick Moberg. This is a timely topic that may be on the
minds of many of you given the spike in inflation we’ve seen over the past
two years.TIPS are U.S. government bonds that are designed to protect
investors from inflation. The goal of Rick’s presentation is to help you
decide if TIPS are right for you.

At the end of the presentation, Rick will offer his thoughts on a prudent
strategy for hedging inflation with TIPS.

All are welcome!

*About Rick Moberg*

Rick received a B.B.A. in accounting from the University of Massachusetts
at Amherst in 1977. He started his career in public accounting and became a
CPA. He received an M.B.A. with a concentration in Finance from Bentley
College in 1987.

After working in public accounting and holding several corporate controller
positions, he joined Lotus Development Corporation in 1990 as its director
of financial services and later as its corporate controller. Upon leaving
Lotus in 1996, Rick became the chief financial officer of Aware Inc, a
publicly traded software company. He worked at Aware for most of the next
21 years and added the title of co-chief executive officer in 2011.

Rick retired in 2017 and lives in Hopkinton, MA with his wife, Sandy.
Personal finance and investing have been lifelong passions. He has spent
countless hours reading and teaching himself about these topics.

Music Street Concert
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/music-street-concert/>

*Saturday, December 3, 7:30pm – 9:00pm*

*Bemis Hall, 15 Bedford Road, Lincoln MA *

“CELEBRATING COLLABORATIONS:  SINGS & STRINGS"

Music Street Artistic Director Diane Katzenberg Braun celebrates her work
as a collaborative pianist in a concert with award winning Boston
musicians. Cellist Alan Toda-Ambaras and violinist Li-Mei Liang will join
forces with singers Hannah Meloy and David Mather in a unique and lively
program of some of their favorite music. The concert will feature solos,
duos and trios in the music of Vaughan Williams, Piazzolla, Saint Saëns,
Amy Beach and Dvorak, alongside reflections on war, American cowboy songs,
and Broadway duets. Music Street was founded in 2013 out of the pianist’s
work at Boston’s New England Conservatory.

Performers:

Alan Toda-Ambaras, cello

Li-Mei Liang, violin

Hannah Meloy, soprano

David Mather, baritone

Diane Katzenberg Braun, piano

https://www.musicstreet1.com/

*Recordings of past events are available* on our Special Online Displays
and Recorded Events page <https://www.lincolnpl.org/events/special-online>.

Recorded events currently available:

History of Juneteenth with Dr. Kelli Carter Jackson
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/history-of-juneteenth-with-dr-kelli-carter-jackson/>
.

Recording available here
<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/uNEzErAtMJ1nAHuUGDkTyea-yAGPhhQ5oDP9HKvyAJ8J3qhvLFdF1ynf1TD-CLuP.TanfIaJRJAe6Lwnf>
.

Access passcode yGW+FpG8

LGBTQ+ Author Panel with Emery Lee, Timothy Janovsky, Katee Robert, and
Olivia Waite
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/lgbtq-author-panel-with-emery-lee-timothy-janovsky-katee-robert-and-olivia-waite/>

Recording available here. <https://youtu.be/-tjMTVAVoaw>

An Evening with Sybrina Fulton: Cultivating Justice toward Racial Equality
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/an-evening-with-sybrina-fulton/>
*.*

Recording available here. <https://youtu.be/rC3j-nJ-DPg>

Three Authors, Three Books, & One Lincoln
<https://lincolnpl.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/four-lincoln-authors-discuss-their-new-books/>
*:* Featuring Elise Lemire, Judy Polumbaum and Katie Ives. Recording
available here. <https://youtu.be/xA68P0wuXLw>
Robin Rapoport (she/her)
Reference Librarian (in the library Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
Lincoln Public Library
3 Bedford Road
Lincoln, MA 01773

Currently Reading