My rosemary stays green when I bring it in for the winter. But it doesn’t like
temperature shocks. It’s a Mediterranean plant, which has a temperate climate.
So if I wait too late in the fall to bring it in, it doesn’t do well. It also
doesn’t like over/under watering. I let it dry out so it doesn’t get moldy then
water it fairly well. It loves the sun. Also plant food would probably be good
for it, but be careful what you give it if you’re going to cook with it,
toxicity-wise. The whiteness could either be fungus or a dying plant. Usually
you can see the fungus; it looks furry or bumpy. If it’s fungus, I would toss
it before it spreads to other plants, but others might have techniques for
soaking it in something to get rid of the fungus. You could try tea tree oil in
water and spray it on aggressively. It should be non-toxic to the plant, and it
kills microbes. Good luck! I love rosemary...