The Department of Education has conducted research that bolsters the case
that our small class sizes should be reevaluated when our new
Superintendent becomes the CEO of our district.

The paper you cited (from 2012) should be compared with the more recent
2017 Massachusetts Secretary of Education policy brief provided as a
resource to all districts in the Commonwealth.  This 2017 Massachusetts
Class Size and Policy Brief
<https://www.doe.mass.edu/research/reports/2017/12class-size.docx> was
written by Amy Ellen Schwartz
<https://www.udel.edu/udaily/2022/july/biden-school-dean-amy-schwartz-appointment/>,
the current dean of the Biden School of Public Policy at the University of
Delaware. In short, this brief supports larger classes, stating that
“reducing class size can have unanticipated negative impacts on average
teacher quality” and that “most modern studies” on class size “show much
smaller impacts than the STAR experiment or no effects at all.”

What’s more, smaller classes require more teachers and perhaps
surprisingly, teachers are becoming increasingly hard to find for our
school. The Lincoln Middle School had a difficult time staffing a class.
They ended up promoting someone internally without any relevant education
or teaching experience. Until we pay more, we may continue to have
difficulties finding teachers.

I haven't done much research at our peer school districts besides our
neighbor Weston.  To be sure, their average class sizes are larger than
ours, and their test results are  superior when compared to Lincoln.

Peter