Planet Aid is at best a controversial organization with a disturbing
history.  While the Red Cross has taken some well deserved criticism for
their bureaucracy and costs, they provide some needed services.  Here is a
recent article on Planet Aid

https://www.campustimes.org/2022/09/25/alleged-cult-ties-and-f-watchdog-rating-move-out-donation-bin-company-raises-questions/