Lynne, Karla and David make excellent points.  One of the challenges the
town faces with the community center is the lack of trust in the building
committee to size
a COA/ParksRec building to meet our needs and not our wishes.  I believe
the major hill the community is trying to climb is how many seniors
actually use the facilities today.
Parks and Recreation has provided actual attendance figures for all of the
activities.  COA has provided only maximum and minimum numbers without
means or averages.   The maximum and minimums for a particular activity can
vary greatly with the maximum being sometimes triple the minimum
headcount.  For residents who are not awash in money, in may be hard to
justify building a larger council on aging  for the occasional activities
that may need more space once every three months.   Wayland, a town with
twice the senior population compared to Lincoln  just built a new Senior
Center for 11 Million dollars.  Their building that meets the needs of a
town with twice the senior population is 12,900 square feet.  Our small,
medium and large Community Center proposals are 16K, 18K or 20+k.

I believe the Building Committee should ask Fincom or the Select board to
fund a consultant to provide average and mean numbers from the COA computer
system so that the community can see the actual consistent usage of today's
COA.  As someone who is familiar with computers, I believe the town could
easily also find several residents (representing different groups within
the town) who might volunteer their time to provide the needed computer
expertise to extract the needed average and mean numbers from COAs computer
system and generate more meaningful usage statistics for the community.

Let's not overbuild a public building again.

Peter Buchthal
Weston Rd.