A clarification. Affordable housing excludes low income renters. “Affordable”
housing denotes middle income, 80% of average, which is well above “low
income.” For affordable housing, there is a window with a lower limit to
qualify, as well as an upper limit. The range for one person is approximately
between 60k and 80k annually. It is NOT the same as “low income” housing. For
example, someone making 40k per year wouldn’t qualify for “affordable” because
they would be earning too little. So Lincoln might think about creating some
low income housing also.