At our last zoom meeting (10/24/23), Michelle Barnes and all of HCAWG said we
need a vibrant village center and wanted to bring in a consultant to see what
kind of commercial, retail business we can bring into the mall.  I asked then
who would be paying for the consultant and she said RLF. Last night, I was
going to ask what HCAWG envision ‘a vibrant village center’ looks like.  But
instead I heard Michelle Barnes said we need less commercial at the mall.  This
is a 180 degrees turn around.  So if what she said last night is true, then

1.  Is the redevelopment of the mall simply means adding multi story condos
there?

2. Why is the town working with the same developer Civico  when there are so
many complaints from residents of Oriole Landing of how poorly built the units
are?

3.  Civico is the developer who said he would not want to go through town
meeting on the next project with the town.  Is this one of the reasons why the
mall is being developed under HCA?

4.  Sarah Lippert asked at Nov 8 meeting three times why can’t the residents
given an option that does not include the mall.  Why did we not get an answer
on that?

5. Why is HCAWG unwilling to work with a group of young residents who had made
models, analyzed each parcels of land being considered, made website and video
to educate the town but in the opinion of some HCAWG member that these
residents are just playing around and they don’t know anything.

6.  Is redeveloping the mall now means building three story expensive condos
there with only 10% being affordable and that we have to pay out millions again
to the developer to increase the % of affordable unit there?

7. Is the ‘vibrant village center’ means we have a high number of cars
(170-209) cars assuming each unit has 2 cars) coming in and out of the mall
since there will be a minimum of 85-100 units built there?

8. Many people urged HCAWGto go slowly with the change for once you put the
large number of multi-family three story building there and should we
experience traffic congestion and disruption of the wildlife corridor, it would
be too late to turn the clock back.  Is this the legacy that one wants to leave
behind?

Again, we all recognize the hard work HCAWG put in and we appreciate that!  I
sincerely hope HCAWG will listen to the many voices at Nov8 ‘s meeting from new
and young residents who are passionate about the welfare of the town to long
time experienced residents who were also town leaders before that we should
take our time to plan this out.  We need to study each options with a fresh
eye, not just numbers of units on the chart but what is the overall effect it
has to the town.  It is hypocritical, may I say,  when many of those who live
in their luxury homes with acres of land around them to advocate the options
put forth in the name of affordable housing when they would never want to put
their lovely accessory apartment into affordable housing!

Thank you for the attention given to my questions and to my thoughts!  We all
have to leave this world some day and we want to leave our legacy behind that
we have done our best to preserve the rural character of Lincoln and at the
same time with more affordable units plan for others who are less fortunate
than we are to be living in this town with so much green space and wildlife!
Peace!

Susanna S
Giles Road