Zoning changes do not invalidate other regulations or laws.
To change the use of municipal land requires a 2/3 vote by town meeting.
Note that both commuter lots are already in the existing Village Center
overlay district. The base zoning for the paid commuter lot is B-1, the
base zoning for the resident commuter lot is B-2. You can see all of this
by going to the town GIS and turning on the zoning layers.