You vote on the specific zoning language at the March town meeting. The
vote on Dec 2nd is only for which option the zoning regulations are to
address.

This process has multiple steps:
1. develop possible approaches
2. choose an approach
3. develop zoning regulations for the chosen approach
4. Vote  on the zoning
5. Assuming the zoning passes at town meeting, send the zoning to the state
for approval

We are at step 2: choose an approach. There are no zoning changes on the
warrant on Saturday, only a “sense of the town” vote.

There will be public meetings and a public hearing and multiple
opportunities for the public to provide input prior to the zoning vote in
March

Note that the preliminary verification check that we are soliciting now is
just that: a preliminary check. It isn’t a full review; that comes after we
have adopted HCA zoning.