ARLINGTON, Mass. — A bald eagle has died at the Cape Wildlife Center after
officials said they believe the bird ingested a rat that ate poison.  The
eagle, named MK, was rescued Monday
<https://www.wmur.com/article/massachusetts-bald-eagle-rat-poison-228/43127220>
after
locals saw it nesting in a cemetery in Arlington, Massachusetts, and
noticed she was spending a lot of time on the ground.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2023/03/02/bald-eagle-mk-dies/

RE: Bucket traps --  There have been several misconceptions regarding
bucket trapping rodents that I will list below.  That said -- the method
one uses and the reason why one chooses to dispatch an animal are highly
personal.  Personally, I do not take that action lightly.

1. you do not have to use anti-freeze

2. they are sold at Ace Hardware not some "hillbilly solution"

3. they are ORGANIC with no pesticides to harm domestic animals or apex
predator birds

4. they have been recommended by Mother Jones and farming extension schools.