All,

> closeRequest is not in Dir MX 10 Help, but there is a
> Technote on it at
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/closer
> equest.htm. It says this is an undocumented feature of Dir MX 10.

Please note that while this failed to make it into our documentation (late
addition after our docs went to press) it is officially supported
functionality.

> Well, ALMOST perfect. :)  Perfection would have to include
> passing a parameter along with the event that says by which
> widget/method the user requested the close.

Yup, that's already been logged as an extremely handy feature request.
Hopefully you'll find that kind of goody functionality in our next major
release, but for now it's not there, sorry. :(

Cheers,
Tom Higgins
Product Manager - Director Team
Macromedia