Excerpts from Ben Gamari's message of 2011-02-09 21:52:20 -0500:
> Hey all,
>
> Over the last several months there have been many claims regarding the
> release of the rewritten btrfsck. Unfortunately, despite numerous
> claims that it will be released Real Soon Now(c), I have yet to see
> even a repository with preliminary code. Did I miss an announcement?
> There is something to be said for "release early, release often." Is
> there a timeline for getting btrfsck into some sort of usable form?

Yes, but its still real soon now.  I've been at about 90% done since
Christmas.  It would have been out last week but I've been chasing a
debugging a very difficult corruption under load.

I finally found a race in btrfs causing the corruption and now I'm back
on fsck full time again.

-chris