My thoughts were to create a new RA and let admins choose. If you would prefer
to auto-detect that is an option as well.

Tom

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 8:27 AM
To: General Linux-HA mailing list
Reply To: General Linux-HA mailing list
Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] Antw: Xen XL Resource Agent

On 2013-11-15T09:05:53, Tom Parker <tpar...@cbnco.com> wrote:

> The XL tools are much faster and lighter weight.   I am not sure if they
> report proper codes (I will have to test) but the XM stack has been
> deprecated so at some point I assume it will go away completely.

The Xen RA already supports "xen-list" and "xen-destroy" in addition to
the "xm" tools. Patches to additionally support "xl" are welcome.

(Auto-detect what is available, and then choose xl -> xen-* -> xm.)

We can't yet drop xm, since not all environments have xl yet.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA