On Wednesday May 4 2005 14:04, Alon Altman wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Orna Agmon wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 May 2005, Vasiliev Michael wrote:
> >> Now to the point. I demand to have my current salary doubled (at least)
> >> or the list gets it! (the SPAM)
> >
> > When we have several moderators for a list, they all get the mails, and
> > the unsubsribed real messages to the list get better service. but more
> > people suffer (as moderators).
> >
> > Is there a way to configure a moderation on a mailing list, such that
> > messages for moderation are sent to only some of the moderators, taking
> > turns? For example, moderator 1 gets odd messages, moderator 2 gets the
> > even messages?
> >
> > This will make the adding of moderators something that can ease the
> > burden on current moderators.
>
>    A better approach would be to pipe the messages for moderation through
> spamassassin and automatically reject the suspect spam messages.

Unlikely. We already use a bayesian filter and a RBL checker as a first line
of defense. It is successfully recognizing common spam messages, ones that
repeat in waves.
2 Alon: It also marks all your messages as spam when you accidentally post
from your alternative, not subscribed address, thanks to a "clever" spam
tactic to include a block of text from last century classic books with every
ad mail.
I am glad I am moderating a linux list, the spam mails rarely talk about
linux, and the fact that it is an English list really saves the day. Most
spam mails are in Russian(brute force on huge database), Hebrew(naturally,
because of .il tld), Turkish, Portuguese and Chinese. So the bayesian filter
now rejects all the mails that use a foreign encoding, about 90% of all mod
queue traffic.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Vasiliev Michael