On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Peter wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

It is best that you read the GPL, before you give opinions about it. The license says nothing about "well-known code". If you commercially distribute a binary created from a GPL source to someone, you must either include a copy of the source (3a) or a written offer to provide the source (3b).

I'll read it (again) after all these guys read it:

Please read it if you discuss it, even if there are other people who violate it.

Did you ever see a Zaurus package? It includes a CD that includes source for all GPL programs that are included with the Zaurus. I'll bet that Motorola phones do as well. Amstrad do not include source with the E3, and are in violation of the GPL.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]