Diego Iastrubni wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got this new modem which is capable of dialing on its own (aka router). I
>set it up according to the manuals, and under XP is works flawlesly.
>
>I boot to linux, and Firefox cannot find sites, Konqueror can. It seems that
>the DNS queries are beeing done over IPv6 and not IPv4, and in our country te
>support for it is not "perfect":
>http://linmagazine.co.il/node/view/5705
>http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/Viewmsg.asp?forum=236&msgid=49727959&archive=1
>
>I managed to get Firefox working by disabling network.dns.disableIPV6 in
>about::config. Now the problem is that many applications (XChat, apt) are
>failing at the same place...
>
>I heard that disabling IPv6 would "fix" the problem, so I deleted all the
>modules which had to do with IPv6 in /lib/modules/linux*/.... rebooted and I
>still see the same problem.
>
>Does anyone know this problem and how to fix it?

I have just installed this router few days ago, it worked good with most
applications I tried GAIM and it would not connect, I googled about it
and found about the ipv6.

When disabled it in my /etc/modules.conf (debian unstable) everything
worked fine.

This router now works for me for 3 days without any interruptions,
connection is good, serving 3 computers with DHCP and NAT, I had one
power failure and everything got back to normal without any intervention.

It still does not mean this is a good router, however it seems to work fine.

Well, it is a nice little linux box...

--

Ori Idan