Hi Tzafrir,
1-Transition to sarge
   1.1-Thanks for the answer. I do intend to switch to sarge as soon
   as possible. But as I have two or three projects in the middle
   + my slowness + I am talking about two boxes (at home and at
   work) I'd better be prepared for a transition period.
   1.2-"oldstable": Where did you get that from ? Is that the way it
   is called    at the Hamakor mirror. I did not come across this
   term    anywhere.
2-Latex:
   In your letter to Micha Feigin you use the command
   \begin{otherlanguage}{hebrew}, to start writing in Hebrew, which
   surprized me. I had understood that the language first listed
   as option in the babel package (in that case Hebrew) is the
   default one. Am I again relying on obsolete documentation.
   (At any rate, the file, as you wrote it, worked).

Cheers, Avraham