--0-714621511-1120056707=:9531

libexpect was exactly what I needed. thank you.

Oleg Goldshmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Nzer Zaidenberg writes:

> I need to know if there is a way to "compile" expect source or if it is
> impossible, do you know of any compilable alternative?

I don't know of a way to compile expect sources (look at tcl docs?),
but how big an effort will it be to rewrite the code in C using
libexpect(3)? If it is "easy to use C [or C++] engine" you are looking
for, libexpect is your friend.

Of course, you'll have to weigh the effort against the expected
payoff, and that's your business.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.goldshmidt.org

--0-714621511-1120056707=:9531

<DIV>libexpect was exactly what&nbsp;I needed. thank you.<BR><BR><B><I>Oleg
Goldshmidt &lt;[EMAIL PROTECTED]&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Nzer Zaidenberg <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>writes:<BR><BR>&gt; I need to know if there is a way to "compile"
expect source or if it is<BR>&gt; impossible, do you know of any compilable
alternative?&nbsp;<BR><BR>I don't know of a way to compile expect sources (look
at tcl docs?),<BR>but how big an effort will it be to rewrite the code in C
using<BR>libexpect(3)? If it is "easy to use C [or C++] engine" you are
looking<BR>for, libexpect is your friend.<BR><BR>Of course, you'll have to
weigh the effort against the expected<BR>payoff, and that's your
business.<BR><BR>-- <BR>Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
 unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with<BR>the word "unsubscribe" in
the message body, e.g., run the command<BR>echo unsubscribe | mail
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p>
                <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=29917/*http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250";>Learn
 more.</a>
--0-714621511-1120056707=:9531--