Well, after I replaced the Ethernet card to a completely new one (per advice
of some of the people here), the problem was resolved. I still don't know
what exactly went wrong in the network card, but since the new one is working
perfectly, it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for everybody for their advice. (and special thanks to Shachar Shemesh
for reviewing the Ethereal logs).

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

On Monday 15 August 2005 22:35, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi good people!
>
> I have a strange networking problem on my ADSL-connected home LAN. My setup
> is as follows:
>
> I have an ECI ADSL modem. I also have a Wireless/Ethernet NAT-router that
> is connected to it. All the computers (one dual-boot Linux/Win98 desktop
> and two WinXP laptops) are connected to the router.

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
paragraphs.