From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Yedidyah Bar-David
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 9:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: El-al, Netta; Linux-IL
Subject: Re: Actcom without a dailer costs more

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 12:13:24AM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sep 25, 14:28, "El-al, Netta" wrote:
>   You also had a static IP.  As far as I know the low prices of the
> other ISPs don't include a static IP.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to know, if possible, what is the real price for the ISP to
give a user a static IP. In dialup days, when a single IP address was
shared by maybe 10-20 users because they were connected 1-2 hours a day,
a static IP was more expensive for the ISP. But these days, when many,
probably all the "static IP potential customers", have a router that is
connected 24x7 and effectively do have a static IP, the only price I see
is the cost of administration, not of the address itself. So I guess it
should be low (or zero) and one-time. Am I far from the truth?

If I am right, it just means that you, Actcom, did the expected thing
and gave away something that doesn't really cost you, while the other
ISPs do the "evil" thing of using market forces to charge for something
that should be free. I do not underestimate your brave decision, just
shedding some light on it.

I'd also like to thank you for your sincere and interesting answers.
--
Didi