El dom, 12-11-2006 a las 21:02 +0200, Oron Peled escribió:

> This is just an example of a company that abused the patent system for years.
> It opponents were not RedHat, Suse or some IGLU members, but some pretty
> big corporates (Infineon, Hyundai, etc.) and still, it managed to manipulate
> them for some 6 years in a very lucrative market.
Keep in mind also that companies as Novell, Red Hat, IBM, Sun, etc. also
have a huge number of patents to fire over Microsoft if they are
seriously threatened. I don´t know if it was the case with Rambus. So,
who knows?

> On what grounds are you trying to "enumerate" the patents in
> NTFS (zero as you said), FAT or .NET? What MS said in the PR?
> Some good assurances indeed...

By the way, big corporations as Microsoft tend to hide the actual
purposes of their IP. You usually will not found terms as operating
system, file system or GUI but much mor ambiguous and general ones.
Sometimes the patent examiners are smart enough to discover the purposes
of a patent application and to include these terms in the patent
classification. In addition sometimes these patents are applied by
dummies bodies, institutions or employers whose names are different of
the actual corporation which owns or applies for a patent. Thus, to
perform a serious research to know is Microsoft have or not a granted
patent or a patent application in the pipeline is a matter of days of
work. I just choose the NTFS and FAT cases because they were discussed
at Slahsdot( 1), but it will better to wait and see if it will be a real
threat.

( 1)http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/08/0244242&from=rss

--
Julian Daich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>