Amos Shapira wrote:

> On 16/01/07, *Dotan Cohen* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks, I did install libkipi0-dev and libexiv2-dev via apt-get.
>     However, it still complains about exiv2:
>     config.status: config.h is unchanged
>     config.status: executing depfiles commands
>

> On Etch (testing) they have just downgraded from 0.9.x back to 0.8.x
> with a comment to the effect that "required exiv upgrade isn't going
> to happen in Etch, to have 0.9 track 'experimental'". I didn't manage
> to pin Digikam alone to 'experimental' so for now I'm just careful not
> to downgrade my 0.9 on Etch. (if anyone knows how to achieve this
> while taking everything else from Etch I'd be grateful to hear).

with

Apt::Default-Release "testing";

In your /etc/apt/apt.conf, you should be able to manually install
anything from any source in sources.list, without otherwise effecting
your distro. It should only use other sources when there's no
alternative in "testing".
(for more fine tuned control, see
http://www.argon.org/~roderick/apt-pinning.html )

Note that there might be a reason for this downgrade - it's possible
that the exiv upgrade (which should be automatically pulled from
experimental - as it would not be available in testing) would force
other dependencies (kphotoalbum? gimp?) to be pushed over to
experimental too...

  AA